Our products Include
NASAL SEPTAL CLIP
Now there is no need for Nose pack after nose septum operation.
Clinically Proven, Award winning design (RAF Cooper Award – 1990)
Following septal surgery maintains the nasal airway without facial head pain during post operative period, packing absolutely not necessary
Mucosal Necrosis (Tissue damage)and synechiae (scarring) do not occur due to the special design which distributes the force.Proven with nasal endoscopy studies over a period of 3 years of Trials and in use for last 10 years.
TECHNIQUE OF NASAL SEPTAL CLIPTM APPLICATION
- Lubricate the splints with oil based Antibiotic Ointment like Neosporin.
- Using a sharp instrument cut across dotted lines to cut the splint and introduce.
- The two splints are introduced with the ridges facing down and laterally.
- Using the nasal dressing forceps the splints are manipulated to pass Medial to middle turbinate.
- A thread is passed into the holes in the splint and tied lossely.
- Holding the thread loop, the septal clip is held open by the nasal speculum is introduced as shown.
Final position of the clip. On final inspection make certain
- The metal clip does not come in direct contact with septal mucosa.
- The splints are placed at a higher level than nasal floor.
When septal work is combined with endoscopic Sinus surgery (FESS) the clips prevent outward displacement of mid turbinate thereby avoiding Synechiae inevitable with packs.
The clips are removed after 24 to 48 hours.
Do not allow the metal clip to touch the mucosa directly.
Do not use high concentration Adrenaline local packs for septal surgery before using clips.
Do not allow clips to stay longer than 48 hours in situ.
Clips are not a substitute for Meticulous Surgical Technique.