18 months old girl presented with swelling in Lt. Pre-auricular region, noticed since 2 months of age. There was a progressive increase in size of swelling & was not associated with pain. Child managed elsewhere with Beta-blocker (inderal – 5mg OD x 4 months) & 3 times Inj. Tricort. Tumour did not respond & continued to grow.
Approx 3.5×2.5 cm soft swelling with smooth surface, mobile, non-tender and with increased surface temperature and transmitted pulsation present.
- An EXCISION was performed
- Estimated blood loss wrt wt. of patient could only be 150ml
- ‘Suture Torniquet Technique’ (3-0 Prolene) was utilized
- Excision utilizing Bipolar scissors/cautery, with irrigation to prevent damage to underlying facial nerve.
- Post-op : Facial nerve function normal
- HPE : Hemangioma